Auto Insurance in Hialeah, Florida
There are risks around every bend in the road; protect yourself with the right auto insurance.
While the open road offers you a considerable amount of freedom, it also presents many threats to drivers. In the state of Florida, all drivers must carry auto insurance for their safety and the safety of others. Here’s what all Florida drivers need to know about both mandatory and optional car coverages.
Mandatory Auto Insurance
There are certain state insurance minimums that all Florida drivers need to carry. For instance, the following coverages are state mandated:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)– Also known as Florida No Fault Insurance, PIP offers coverage for your medical expenses in the event of an accident. This coverage is valid even if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident as a pedestrian or bicyclist. This coverage can also extend to the members of your household and any passengers you might be carrying.
- Property Damage Liability (PD)– PD insurance offers coverage for the damages that you might have caused to another’s property during a motor accident.
In addition to these mandatory coverages, there are also several optional auto coverages that drivers are highly recommended to carry. For instance, you are advised to carry the following:
- Bodily Injury (BI)– BI insurance covers the injuries or deaths that you might cause during an auto accident. It will offer coverage for an injured party’s medical expenses and for your legal representation in the event that the affected party decides to sue you for damages.
- Collision– Collision insurance offers coverage for the damages your car might sustain after a collision event.
- Comprehensive– Comprehensive insurance offers coverage for the damages that your car might sustain outside of a collision event. For instance, it will offer coverage for the damages caused by theft, vandalism, fire, extreme weather event, and so on.
- Uninsured Motorist– Uninsured motorist insurance offers coverage for your medical expenses and car repairs in the event that you get into an accident with a driver who is not carrying enough insurance to offer you these reparations.
Interested in learning what the right auto insurance can do for you? Then contact the experts at UniVista Insurance in Hialeah. We are ready to assist you will all your coverage needs today.