Whip Up This Delightful Macaroni Salad for Your Memorial Day Potluck
Memorial Day is almost upon us, and many of us will have parties and gatherings planned. If you’re still looking for an easy and delicious dish to take to your potluck, look no further. Check out this simple macaroni salad which will have people coming back for more!
- 12 ounces macaroni
- 2 cups zucchini sliced
- 2/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots shredded
- 1 cup red pepper chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Prepare the macaroni according to package directions. Once it’s done cooking, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to cool it down.
- Place the cooked macaroni and all the vegetables in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk well. Pour over the macaroni salad and stir to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you are making this ahead of time, you can keep the salad and the dressing separate until right before serving time. This will prevent the pasta from soaking up all the dressing.
Let us know if you whip this recipe up! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, don’t hesitate to contact the team at UniVista Insurance, serving Hialeah, Cutler Bay, and neighboring cities in Florida. We are here to find the right policy for your needs.