How to Handle an Auto Insurance Claim
No one likes being involved in a car accident. If you’ve been caught up (or caused) an auto incident, be aware that you’re entering the world of auto insurance claims. When filing a claim on your auto insurance in Cutler Bay, FL, bear in mind that there are a few do’s and don’ts to note that can help you make progress.
- Review your policy. Check that your policy covers the incident. If you have any questions, you can contact your insurance agent.
- Take pictures to document the damage done to a vehicle.
- Keep all receipts that incur from repairs, rentals, and purchases associated with the accident.
- Review what you owe on the car. Make sure you are aware of the difference between the replacement value of your car and what you owe. If the vehicle is totaled, most auto policies will only cover the cash value of your car at the time of the accident.
- Don’t sign a release or accept a check. Avoid signing anything until you’ve read through the document and received legal advice, if necessary.
- Don’t wait! Make the call to your insurer as soon as possible so that you can move through the claims process quickly. If you wait too long before alerting your insurer to the incident, they may be able to deny coverage.
These do’s and don’ts can help you file your auto insurance with ease. When you are looking for the right seguro de auto that works for you, contact the professionals at UniVista Insurance Hialeah|Cutler Bay. We have years of experience in tailoring car coverage to suit each individuals’ needs. Contact our Florida team today to get started!