Protect Your Vehicle from Theft
When people think about car thefts, they think of burglars lurking in the middle of the night planning to steal a high-end, luxury, and valuable vehicle. In reality, this isn’t the case at all. Car thieves often steal in the daylight and, more often than not, target standard vehicles.
The most stolen vehicles in 2017 include:
- Nissan Altima
- Toyota Camry
- GMC Sierra
- Hyundai Elantra
- Ford Fusion
- Ford F-150
- Ram Pickup
- Toyota Corolla
- GMC Savana
- Hyundai Sonata
To help prevent thieves from stealing your vehicle, make sure you’re doing all you can do to protect your vehicle:
- Never leave valuable items in your car that are in plain sight. If you need to leave presents in the vehicle, cover them or store them in the trunk.
- Lock all windows and doors, making sure all the windows are rolled up.
- Park in a well-lit area, especially when you’re shopping in the evening.
- Park your vehicle facing your garage to make it harder for thieves to have a quick getaway.
- Pay attention to your surroundings – always be on guard because criminals rely on the element of surprise.
- Never leave a spare key near your vehicle. Thieves know where to check for extra keys.
If you are looking for the right seguro de auto that suits your budget, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at UniVista Insurance Hialeah|Cutler Bay. We have years of experience in tailoring car coverage to suit each individuals’ needs. Contact our Florida team today to get started!