Try These Crowd-Pleasing Picnic Recipes
Since it’s summer, it’s time to start planning your picnic. To help, we’ve rounded up some easy and delicious recipes that are ideal for everyone. Take a look at these summer picnic must-haves.
Hummus and Avocado Wraps
- 4 to 6 whole wheat wraps
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup hummus
- 1/8 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- Mash the avocado with lime juice, cayenne, salt and pepper until very smooth. Spread an even layer on top of 2 wraps. Add roughly chopped basil on top of the avocado mash. Then roll the wrap tightly end to end. Cut with a sharp serrated knife into pin wheel rounds
- Another option is you can place another wrap with a little bit of spread on the inside, face down onto the top to make a quesadilla. Then cut into triangles.
- Do the same for the hummus wraps and add sundried tomatoes and/or olives on top of the hummus layer. Keep refrigerated or in a cooler.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 Tbsps sliced olives
- fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil, to taste
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- smoked paprika, to taste (optional, but recommended)
- Heat some oil in a large pan.
- Add all the veggies, except tomatoes, olives, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add couscous and water. Cover, then boil until fluffy and all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add diced tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and chopped fresh parsley. Add olive oil to taste. Mix.
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 medium to large, very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add sugar, salt, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Add quinoa, shredded coconut, oats, and chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Let us know if you whip up these recipes! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, don’t hesitate to contact the team at UniVista Insurance, serving Hialeah, Cutler Bay, and neighboring cities in Florida. We are here to find the right policy for your needs.