Safeguarding Your Ride-Share Journey
Ride-sharing isn’t a new concept, but modern technology has turned ride-sharing into a multi-billion dollar industry. It is when a person who owns their vehicle offers a paid travel service and is most synonymous with companies like Uber and Lyft. Most ride-sharing services connect drivers and passengers using smartphone technology. There are a lot of reasons to get involved in ride-sharing, but be sure you keep your auto insurance in Hialeah, FL in the know. Take a look at some do’s and don’ts of ride-sharing.
As a passenger:
- Do sit where you most feel comfortable, either in the front or back.
- Do use your seat belt – even if it’s a short trip.
- Do look out for your own safety. Let people know where you are and do not get in the car if you don’t feel safe.
- Don’t book a ride unless you are sure you want it.
- Don’t make the driver wait.
- Don’t make a mess, be rude or distract the driver.
As a driver:
- Do be polite to passengers.
- Do review your auto insurance coverage.
- Do let your auto insurer know that you are driving for a ride-share service.
- Don’t keep it a secret from your auto insurance company.
- Don’t get distracted by your phone or anything else. Stay focused on the road.
Need to re-evaluate your auto insurance to suit your work with a ride-sharing company? When you’re looking for a reliable auto insurance policy, contact the team at UniVista Insurance Hialeah|Cutler Bay. We evaluate your lifestyle and budget so that we can find the right policy for your needs in Florida.