Happy Holidays from the team at UniVista Insurance!
Now that the holidays are fast approaching, we wanted to take a moment to share some of our top safety tips with you. While your insurance policies will be there if the worst happens, you can help protect your home, family, and belongings by taking extra care around the holidays. Check out our top safety tips.
- Never drive drunk or let a friend drive who has been drinking.
- Switch off lights and blow out candles before leaving the house or going to sleep.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets. Keep them out of the kitchen while cooking, too.
- Avoid overloading electrical circuits with lights and electronics.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Refresh the batteries if necessary.
- Give yourself enough time to prepare and cook dinner to avoid sharp knife or boiling water accidents that come from rushing.
- Look out for small items that could pose a choking hazard to young children.
- Make sure stairs are well-lit and free from obstacles to prevent people from falling.
- Leave plenty of time to drive to your destination so that you’re not rushing and speeding.
We wish you a happy and safe holiday with your friends and loved ones. From the team at UniVista Insurance, Happy Holidays!